We are pleased to announce that new session for Baltimore Marathi Shala starts on Friday Sep.7, 2018. Shala sessions cover Marathi language and important aspects of culture, theater, music and more during the course of about 10 months – Fun is the most important aspect while achieving academic goals!! Shala Session shall run from Sep.2018-June 2019 and details are as below.
Venue: Veterans Elementary School
4355 Montgomery Rd, Ellicott City, MD 21043
Class Dates/Time: Starts Sep.7, 2018 @ 6:20 -8:30 pm (Alternate Friday roster for now)
Cost: $100/child for Full-Session (Sep.2018-June 2019)
Marathi Shala Fee (Sep.2018-June 2019)
Fees for Marathi Shala. School Year - Sep.2018-June 2019
Enrollment: Fill RSVP Form here
Bruhan Maharastra Mandal started Shala project back in 2007 and today more than 40+ US States have active Marathi Shala operational; with more than 700-800 US Students learning Marathi annually. The Shala curriculum is developed for the kids in North America that was developed in cooperation with Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune. Kids have an option to appear for the Certification exams conducted by Brihan Maharashtra Mandal and Bharati Vidyapeeth at the end of each curriculum level. Baltimore Shala is celebrating its 3rd year successfully. Students had exposure with Stage singing, Marathi Kids Play, Shloks and passed certificate exams (written and oral) also. It’s a fun environment that kids look forward to….
- The Shala admission is open for all (kids 5yrs and above preferred).
- The Shala Sessions will align with the US Academic School Calendar year.
- The Shala will be following a standardized curriculum based teaching program and will provide an opportunity to get certification through Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune.
- Spoken Marathi for everyday use
- Reading and Writing in Marathi – Grammar & Numbers
- Plus focus on cultural aspects such as Shlokas, Songs, Poems and Festivals, etc.
- Mandal will charge a nominal fee per student to cover the operational expenses.
- Questions or enrollment: email email@example.com
Answers to Frequently Asked Queries –
- One does NOT have to be a current Mandal Member to enroll your child in Shala.
- For distant-living families within Baltimore area, there are options where you can attend select few Shala sessions in-person and take classwork home to teach. Please reach out to us separately at below email to discuss your needs.
- Appearance for Bharti-Vidyapeeth Certification exam at the end of Shala year is optional for any student.
For enrolling your child, fill the RSVP Form here. For any queries/comments, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Baltimore Marathi Mandal