Baltimore Marathi Mandal introduced Marathi Shala, in association with Bruhan Maharashtra Mandal of North America in Spring 2016. Fall session was conducted from Sept-Dec 2016. Classes are held every alternate Friday or weekends around Ellicott City area school. New students are always welcome for enrollment regardless of the session in-progress, as syllabus can be adjusted considering each student capacity of learning. Interested parents are requested to mention your child’s enrollment details using RSVP form.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- The Shala admission is open for all (kids ages 5yrs and above). Children younger than 5yrs are encouraged to attend based on their capacity of learning and ability to sit and learn.
- The Shala Sessions will align with the US Academic School Calendar year.
- Spoken Marathi for everyday use
- Reading and Writing in Marathi – Grammar & Numbers.
- Plus focus on cultural aspects such as Shlokas, Songs, Poems and Festivals, etc.
- Mandal charges a nominal fee of $40-$45 approximately per student to cover the operational expenses.
- One does NOT have to be a current BMM-Member to enroll your child in Shala.
- The Shala will be following a curriculum based teaching program and will provide an opportunity to get Certification through Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune.
- Appearance for Bharti-Vidyapeeth Certification exam at the end of Shala year is optional for any student.
- For distant-living families within Baltimore area, there are options where you can attend select few Shala sessions in-person and take classwork home to teach
- With great student enrollment; we are proud to support all children in-detail to ensure that learning experience will be interactive, fun and educational. We do request additional support with administrative activities on the Shala day, as needed.
- If you can support or if you know of a High-school student to help us with basic administrative coordination, please let us know. This is needed for back-up options.
Kids can be enrolled using Shala Enrollment RSVP form
Pay for Marathi Shala