We are saddened by the displacement and hardships caused by the recent floods in Maharashtra and surrounding areas. If you want to help those affected please consider donating to the CM Relief fund
Ganesh Chaturthi Chi Vargani
Please donate generously to help us make this event a grand success, using one of the following options:
BMM Math Challenge 2019
- Email us (info at baltimore marathi mandal) by August 3rd with child’s name and math grade level for Fall 2019.
- Pledge levels: 251 or 501 or 1001 math problems
- You will receive an email about the “BMM Math Challenge” which would include worksheets covering various topics at the grade level and the “Answer Key” for parents. Please print out the “BMM Math Challenge” for your child.
- Your child has August 4th-September 2nd (Ganesh Chaturthi) to complete.
- Please email us on or before September 2nd confirming that your child has completed the challenge. Your word is enough – You do NOT need to send us completed worksheets.
- Your child will be recognized and get a reward at “Ganesh Chaturthi Celebration” for his/her efforts.
BMM Math Challenge: Non-member Entry Fee
Effortless Weight Loss and Diabetes Prevention – Dr. Jagannath Dixit
When: Tuesday August 6th at 6:30pm
Where: Veterans Elementary School in Ellicott City
Please join us to enjoy a day in the Sun on Sunday, July 28th, 2019 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. The event will be held in Pavilion #707, Pickall Area, Patapsco Valley State Park (8125 Johnnycake Rd, Windsor Mill, MD 21244).
We have a day packed with activities for the Kids, Moms, Dads and the Grandparents!
- Come early to enjoy a Magic show at 11 am, followed by balloon art
- Get ready to grill burgers and corn and don’t miss yummy misal-pav!
- Get moving – play some cricket, volleyball, soccer or go for a hike
- Enjoy old and new songs in a few rounds of Antakshari
BMM Senior citizens event to welcome parents and grandparents visiting us for the warmer season! An opportunity for them to get to know each other, chat, showcase their talents and cooking skills. We look forward to the performances by local and visiting Aajji-Ajobas!
When: Saturday June 29, 2019 from 2-4:30 PM
Where: Marvin Thomas Meeting Room, HCLS East Columbia Branch, 6600 Cradlerock Way, Columbia, MD 21045
Raising a child is hard! Raising a child in a foreign culture is harder!!
Please bring your Questions, let’s try to find answers TOGETHER.
When: Sunday April 28, 2019 from 2-4 PM
Where: Warfield Room, Howard County Library Central Branch, 10375 Little Patuxent Pkwy, Columbia, MD 21044
NavRas – A Musical Experience
An enthralling musical experience of “Nav-Ras” (nine emotions) rendered through popular Marathi and Hindi songs woven with meaningful narration. The show touches different facets of Indian music. A musical performance by Ras Barase, a team of renowned artists from all over USA.
A sneak peak at some of their past performances (videos captured by the audience):
Please join us to celebrate Holi and Gudi Padwa on Sunday, March 31st, 2019 from 11:00 am to 3:30 pm. The event will be held in Mt. Hebron High School, 9440 Old Frederick Road, Ellicott City, MD 21042.
The celebration will begin with a musical performance by Ras Barase, followed by everyone’s favorite part of Holi – playing colors.
CRAFTernoon – BMM Kidz Event
We invite young artists to “CRAFTernoon” on Sunday, March 17th, 2019 from 2-4 pm. The event will be held in the Patapsco room at Charles E. Miller library (9421 Frederick Rd, Ellicott City, MD 21042).
Makar Sankranti – 2019
Makar Sankrant, first festival of the year was celebrated with great enthusiasm and we had a great turnout for the event. Event was held at Veterans Elementary School in Ellicott City on Jan 26th, 2019. The event was full of exciting programs for the entire family.
- Introduction of new EC
- Vote of thanks for the 2018 EC
- Bor Nhan for children 0-5 years
- Haldi Kunku and Vaan Exchange
- Tilgul and Alpopahar (snacks)
Kids enjoyed a lego station, an art station, a few rounds of musical chairs, basketball, and being with their friends.
Everyone enjoyed ‘Gulachi Poli’ & ‘Vada Paav’ as refreshments – made by a local small business (run by a BMM member).
We would like to thank each and everyone of you that came for the event. We appreciate the volunteers that helped before, during, and after the event.