BMM Math Challenge 2019
- Email us (info at baltimore marathi mandal) by August 3rd with child’s name and math grade level for Fall 2019.
- Pledge levels: 251 or 501 or 1001 math problems
- You will receive an email about the “BMM Math Challenge” which would include worksheets covering various topics at the grade level and the “Answer Key” for parents. Please print out the “BMM Math Challenge” for your child.
- Your child has August 4th-September 2nd (Ganesh Chaturthi) to complete.
- Please email us on or before September 2nd confirming that your child has completed the challenge. Your word is enough – You do NOT need to send us completed worksheets.
- Your child will be recognized and get a reward at “Ganesh Chaturthi Celebration” for his/her efforts.
BMM Math Challenge: Non-member Entry Fee
Events Being Planned
We are planning to host the following events:
and a few events for seniors and kids, please stay tuned.
Effortless Weight Loss and Diabetes Prevention – Dr. Jagannath Dixit
When: Tuesday August 6th at 6:30pm
Where: Veterans Elementary School in Ellicott City
Please join us to enjoy a day in the Sun on Sunday, July 28th, 2019 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. The event will be held in Pavilion #707, Pickall Area, Patapsco Valley State Park (8125 Johnnycake Rd, Windsor Mill, MD 21244).
We have a day packed with activities for the Kids, Moms, Dads and the Grandparents!
- Come early to enjoy a Magic show at 11 am, followed by balloon art
- Get ready to grill burgers and corn and don’t miss yummy misal-pav!
- Get moving – play some cricket, volleyball, soccer or go for a hike
- Enjoy old and new songs in a few rounds of Antakshari
BMM Senior citizens event to welcome parents and grandparents visiting us for the warmer season! An opportunity for them to get to know each other, chat, showcase their talents and cooking skills. We look forward to the performances by local and visiting Aajji-Ajobas!
When: Saturday June 29, 2019 from 2-4:30 PM
Where: Marvin Thomas Meeting Room, HCLS East Columbia Branch, 6600 Cradlerock Way, Columbia, MD 21045
Raising a child is hard! Raising a child in a foreign culture is harder!!
Please bring your Questions, let’s try to find answers TOGETHER.
When: Sunday April 28, 2019 from 2-4 PM
Where: Warfield Room, Howard County Library Central Branch, 10375 Little Patuxent Pkwy, Columbia, MD 21044
NavRas – A Musical Experience
An enthralling musical experience of “Nav-Ras” (nine emotions) rendered through popular Marathi and Hindi songs woven with meaningful narration. The show touches different facets of Indian music. A musical performance by Ras Barase, a team of renowned artists from USA and India.
Here is a sneak peak at some of their past performances (videos captured by the audience):
Please join us to celebrate Holi and Gudi Padwa on Sunday, March 31st, 2019 from 11:00 am to 3:30 pm. The event will be held in Mt. Hebron High School, 9440 Old Frederick Road, Ellicott City, MD 21042.
The celebration includes a musical performance by Ras Barase, followed by everyone’s favorite part of Holi – playing colors.
CRAFTernoon – BMM Kidz Event
We invite young artists to “CRAFTernoon” on Sunday, March 17th, 2019 from 2-4 pm. The event will be held in the Patapsco room at Charles E. Miller library (9421 Frederick Rd, Ellicott City, MD 21042).
We are thrilled to announce our first event of 2019. Please join us to celebrate Makar Sankranti!
Date – Jan 26th, 2019
Time – 2.00 – 5.00 pm.
Venue – Veteran’s Elementary School
4355 Montgomery Rd, Ellicott City, MD 21043
The event Is full of new and exciting programs for the entire family.
2.00 – 2.30 pm Registration
2.30 – 3.00 pm Introduction of new EC
3.00 – 3.15 pm Bor Nhan for children 0-5 years
3.15 – 4.00 pm Haldi Kunku and Vaan Exchange (Please bring Vaan for 5 ladies)
4.00 – 5.00 pm Tilgul and Alpopahar (snacks)
This year we are offering activities for children starting at 2.30 pm.